Friday, January 29

Old Photos

Do you like old photos? I know I do ... I miss a little bit of black and white in our overdeveloped society. :)
Yesterday my boyfriend had to work. Of course that means I got bored because no one entertained me. :P Then I asked him if I can see those photos he once mentioned.

I got a nice little box of photos and a biiiig smile on my face. With the permission of the models I am showing some fo the photographs here. :)

I have never seen my boyfriend's photos before. And he was so cute when he was little! Look at that face. :D My cheek muscles still hurt from all the laughing and smiling. :) He definitely was cute.


Then I found some photos of his mom. She's now in her fifties and when you meet a person in their fifties it's a bit hard to imagine what they looked like when they were young. Well she definitely knew how to pose! :)


I was also impressed by her clothes, nice coats and skirts that I would love to wear today. :) In this photo I particularly like her hairstyle. It's so sixties. :)

And then I found their wedding photos. She told me about this dress before. She bought it in some boutique in Italy and she also bought gloves and the hat to match and she still has that dress in her closet and she is sure it would fit me! Can you feel any "suggestopedia" there? :P

And then I found some beauuuutiful photos of her husband. This one was taken in 1959 and I just love it. They lived in a small village and these are all the children from that place. I love their outfits. :)


Of course he grew up and just like everyone else he had to serve in the army. This photo isn't anything special ... it was the message on the back that I found interesting. It was from his father: "This is my 18-year-old son. Today he's leaving for the army. 12 May 1968"

But despite this not very happy message his army photos look good ... He absolutely knew how to pose. :P


I think I'll steal my mom's idea and maybe arrange these photos nicely in an album someday. As a present :)

Do you still print your photos or do you keep it digital? When I look at these I feel I should print more ... :)

Have a nice day!

Poppy