Tuesday, May 4

Embrace the braces!

Yes! It is funny. I am a 22 year old girl and I have braces. But that's ok, I see a lot of people that are older than me and have braces so that's probably not a big deal. I try to make it funny, like in this photo.


Don't be scared, it's just a joke. It was taken with my mobile phone so it's not a very good one. I took it and sent it to my boyfriend, when I got braces on my lower teeth about a week ago. Imagine a 31 year old guy with a girlfriend that wears braces. Haha.

Even one of the kids I taught on my teaching practice said: "She's just like us!" Yeah, girl. Just 10 years older. :)

I don't worry about it too much, but my friend's sister is devastated. She is 15 and is getting braces soon and she feels like that's going to ruin her life. I don't like braces because they cause me mouth sores and my big passion, eating, is a bit more difficult now. But on the other hand, I look younger and I can even choose colorful elastics or the blue ones, to match with my eye color, yay! :) And of course, my goal is to smile like Julia Roberts in a year or two. ;)

Did you have to wear braces? How did you feel about it? :)

Poppy