Wednesday, October 5

Shopping nightmare a.k.a. the never-ending story about a coat.

The allusion to Nikolai Gogol's "The overcoat" is merely coincidental. :P
You know, when you go somewhere and pack lightly, because you want to do some shopping there? That's what I did when I came to England. I decided to leave my jacket at home, I'll buy one here anyway.

YEAH RIGHT.

I have a weird body. From the waist down: Size not so small. From the waist up: Size tiny. I can buy t-shirts quite easily. I have trained myself to find trousers that fit me, but coats! I think I have been buying a proper winter coat for the last three years! No luck.
So, here's my story:
1) Went to Primark, find a lovely jacket, listened to my friend's advice to check other things and when I came back there it was gone.


2) Went to a hundred other stores, tried on a thousand different jackets, all too big.


A week later:
3) Bought an emergency coat (too big) to avoid freezing.



4) Went to Next to try on some children sizes. It turned out they only have sizes 1-12 in stock. I'm 23 but I think I might need a 14.


5) Went to BHS, found a coat for girls that fit me in the shoulders. Wanna know the size? 11 years! And guess what, the sleeves were a bit too short.


( 6) Almost gone crazy)


7) Went to New look and abracadabra, found a coat in size six that actually fits! I couldn't believe my eyes! And I also got a students' discount, yay. 34 pounds for a coat, not bad.


8) Enjoyed the rest of the day in the company of my new German friend, with a smile on my face and a lovely Cornish pasty in my hands! :)


Life is good. :)