Monday, September 28

pursuit of new goals. :)

I have a little bit of a bad day again.
Another study year is coming to an end and I'm not very happy about beginning the next one. I just happen to fall into that lazy stage that includes resting, sleeping, reading, cleaning around (very calming thing for me) and decorating my new nest. I have become exactly the person I said I would never like to become - the person whose life consists of job (which is school for me) and family, a person who is slowly becoming a wife-and-a-mother person with no other interests and a pretty much boring life. Damn!


Let's see ...

*I used to be crazy about stunts and tumbling in cheerleading, crazy about dance. Last year I took hip hop for my P.E. class and modern jazz for my free time activity. My goal in my cheer season was to learn back somersault. That project ended exactly 12 days after the beginning of the cheer season when tore my groin diaphragm that still hutrs today, one year later. Exercising not recommended. What now?


*Well yes, I started baking and I really LOVE it! But it's a fatal combination ... less exercising, more pastry ... You probably know what I mean.


*I auditioned for a musical that some students from my faculty were making and got accepted as a dancer and even got a small part in it! Unfortunately people just weren't serious enough and the whole thing fell apart.


*I was lucky enough to have a room mate who was the editor at the local student radio station and got me a kind of internship there. What an interesting month! I was visiting book premiers, attended interviews with authors and wrote some pretty good reports. Unfortunately politics and personal relations got involved and the editor was sacked by the director and so was I as her "apprentice" ...

Am I a bit unlucky or just too lazy to find another interesting goal in my life? Something that I can do despite my stupid useless leg?  Suggestions please! :)

In some camp few years ago we had a workshop about success and discussed that topic. I said that for me a successful person is a person who achieves his/her goals. I had a lot of goals back then: to find a good summer job, to be accepted to uni and be a good student, to train hard in my cheer squad ...

People have to aim somewhere and pursuit their goals! It looks like I lost my direction at the moment ...  and I hate it. So maybe another study year - as much as I hate being away - will be a good opportunity after all. Moving back to the dorm and being alone in the afternoons will probably force me to find something. :)